SPECIAL EVENTS OFFICE HOURS
Monday - Friday
8 AM - 5 PM
City Hall, 3rd Floor
445 Marsac Avenue
Park City, UT 84060
SPECIAL EVENTS INFORMATION
Documents and Forms
Special Events & Economic Development Program Manager
Special Events Coordinator & Film Permits
Special Events Coordinator & Film Permits
Can we rent the White Barn for a function?The McPolin Farm is only available for community events sponsored by Park City Municipal Corporation.
Not available for private functions.
Can I sign up to be notified of PCMC Special Events?Yes. Click here to receive email notifications of events that the City posts on their website.
What is a Master Festival or Special Events License?
A Master Festival or Special Event license is an approval granted by the City to allow an applicant to hold an event, function or other use, which would normally not be permitted, in Park City or who’s actions will impact the surrounding area. The license and conditions allows the use and minimizes the impacts to the adjoining neighborhoods and the entire City.
The Special Events Department is part of the Sustainability Department. It oversees and permits all Special Events that take place in Park City, as well as, manages the rental of city owned facilities and filming permits.
We will do our best to respond to your inquiries within 2 business days. To reach us, please include your name, phone number and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the contact us page.
For the Park City Special Event Planning Guide and Applications, please click the Applications & Planning page. For a listing of the many events in Park City, please visit the Park City Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau website at www.VisitParkCity.com.
Park City Special Event History & FactsLong before Park City became a world class mountain resort, it was famous as a silver mining town. Founded by prospectors in the late 1860’s Park City continued to mine silver until the 1970’s. Park City is now home to world class resorts including Deer Valley Resort, Park City Mountain Resort and Canyons Resort.
Events are an important part of our community. From sporting and cultural events, sun to snow, and international to local – here are some examples of events held in Park City.
International Events The Egyptian Theater is one of the Main Street venues during the Sundance Film Festival. More >>
Regional & National Events Events held on Historic Main Street include the Park City Kimball Arts Festival, Tour of Utah and Triple Crown Baseball and Softball Tournament
The combination of world-class cyclists, magnificent scenery, relentless climbs over high mountain routes, the punishing challenge of desert courses, and urban circuits have earned “America’s Toughest Stage Race” the respect of competitors, sponsors and cycling fans worldwide. More >>
Local Events Great local events hosted by Park City are the Miners Day Celebration, Tour De Suds, Running with Ed, Autumn Aloft and Savor the Summit
Park City residents and visitors never deny a chance to dress up and have fun for a local cause. Running with Ed is a local event organized by the Park City Education Foundation. This event raises funds for the local school system.
The Annual Park City 4th of July Celebration is a collaboration between more than 10 different organizations. The event includes a pancake breakfast, 5K fun run, parade, family games and activities, food, music, rugby games and of course a fireworks display.
Did you know?
- In 2013, Outside Magazine voted Park City as the first Best Town in America (click for article). http://www.outsideonline.com/adventure-travel/north-america/united-states/The-Best-Town-in-America-Park-City-Utah.html
- Utah hosted the Olympic Winter Games in 2002. The unsung heroes of the Olympics were the thousands of volunteers who dedicated much of their Olympic involvement to ensuring a wonderful experience for others. They built memories that will last a life time. 175 City Volunteers contributed more than 6,000 hours to the games. Or the equivalent of 750 working days (and this doesn’t even count the public safety volunteers).
- Each year the Special Events Department permits more than 70 events in Park City.
- The Miner’s Day Celebration (Labor Day) has been running for 120 years. It is currently organized by the Park City Rotary group and benefits the more than 80 nonprofits in the County.
- 90% of the events in Park City are organized by local non-profit organizations.
- 25% of the events in Park City use the beautiful and diverse trail systems.